ShowMe, much like education, is all about community. The educators who use our software on a daily basis provide valuable feedback for how we can continue to improve the ShowMe platform, ensuring a positive, meaningful experience. One of the most frequent questions we received was about the ability to print your ShowMes, making them easy to distribute to students for use when not on a device.
While much of your work in ShowMe will likely be based around using the drawing tool, there are times where you need to fit a detailed description or a tip on the screen; in cases such as these, the drawing tool won’t cut it, no matter how precise your stylus is. Fortunately, ShowMe’s built-in typing tool allows you to create a text box anywhere on your ShowMe slide.
Any teaching tool should come with a powerful analytics tool, and ShowMe is no exception. Using the analytics feature, you can track your students’ activity on both a cumulative and an individual level, identify points with which your students are struggling, and generate detailed progress reports for each student in your class.
The slides feature in ShowMe is perhaps the most crucial aspect of the app. Slides allow you to package your ShowMes’ content in such a way that it is approachable, concise, and fluid. Not only will using slides help your students practice “chunking” learning techniques when going over your ShowMes, it will also provide them with dynamic, easy-to-learn content.
One of the many advantages that a ShowMe premium membership has to offer is the ability to manage your students and your content right from your account page on the ShowMe website. While you can upload ShowMes to your account on the website with a normal account, upgrading to premium lets you add entire courses, classes, and groups, among other perks.
With a new school year already here, you may find yourself already reflecting on how to grow as an educator over the next 9 months. Maybe you’ll try using a new classroom management style, that cool new tech tool, or just keep your “To Grade” stack shorter than your coffee cup. Or maybe loftier, year long goals, such as having consistent meaningful assessment that will drive instruction. Conferencing with students is one of the greatest assessment strategies in every teacher’s tool belt. A few test answers can show what a student knows, but not how a student thinks. Hearing a student describe how they got the answer in a one on one conference allows for targeted instruction based on what students actually need, or how to build upon what they already know. How can you put up the scaffolding if you don’t know what the foundation is?
Knowing a student’s thought process is only half the battle. Even after using that authentic assessment, how can the understanding be related that into a letter grade or one word ranking on a rubric. Each student’s thinking was deep, meaningful, and communicated to you in all the glory that is uniquely in their own words and ideas. You can’t translate that into a simple letter grade or boil it down to a one word ranking on a rubric. But you also can’t go home with every student and sit down with their families about how he or she solved a math problem.
ShowMe allows for you to sit at every child’s kitchen table and have that conference. As students work through problems on their iPads, they can also explain their thinking. All can be captured and ready to send home to parents.
“With ShowMe the learning that takes place in the classroom goes home with the students. I enjoy ShowMe and the interactivity it brings to my teaching” – Frank Briganti, 4th Grade Teacher
Here is how to easily email a ShowMe to parents:
Tutorial: How to email a ShowMe
Make the most out of the year by saving time, communicating to parents effectively, and have less tests to grade (yay!) with one on one conferences created with ShowMe.
How to start using ShowMe?
1. Download ShowMe app from iTunes at the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/showme-interactive-whiteboard/id445066279?mt=8&ls=1
2. Register from the ShowMe application or on our website www.showme.com
3. Log in with your account
4. You are now ready to create and explore with ShowMe!
How to create a ShowMe?
1. Open the ShowMe app
2. Press the blue “+Create” in the top-right corner
3. Prepare your slides by writing your notes and inserting images. The slide numbers are shown at the top-right corner
4. Once ready to record, press the red record button in the middle of the toolbar. Now your voice and actions are being recorded!
5. Explain the content of your slides and make additional notes on the slides when explaining. You may use the top-right arrows to change between slides. You may also press the pause button to pause the recording and take a break.
6. Once you finish recording, press the “Done” button, select “Save as Complete” and go through the final steps for uploading the ShowMe.
Watch a Tutorial about how to Create a ShowMe!
How to share a ShowMe?
Once you have completed and uploaded a ShowMe, open the ShowMe inside the app and you will see the share button on the toolbar. When you press the share button you will see options for sharing the ShowMe – via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
You may also share your ShowMes from the website – by using the Facebook, Twitter and Email icons below ShowMe player.
Watch a Tutorial about how to Save a ShowMe!
Watch a Tutorial about how to Share a ShowMe!
How to insert text into a ShowMe?
Press the “Aa” icon on the toolbar and then tap on the place where you want to insert the text. You will see the textfield appear and may start typing the text. You may use the “Aa-” and “Aa+“ buttons to change the text size and also choose color by pressing on colors next to “Aa-“ and “Aa+” buttons.
How to insert images and docs into a ShowMe?
Press the icon with a Portrait on the toolbar. In the dropdown menu you will see the following options for inserting images:
– “Choose a photo” – select a photo from your camera roll
– “Take Photo” – take a photo with your iPad camera
– “Search images on web”
– “Choose a background” – Choose one of the default ShowMe backgrounds
– “Dropbox” – Insert an image or document from your Dropbox
– “Google Drive” – Insert an image or document from your Google Drive
How to use ShowMe Study Groups?
Groups is a handy tool for flipping your classroom. Steps to start with:
1. Create a group
2. Ask your students to sign up on ShowMe or create teacher-linked student accounts for them
3.Gather your students into the group – either add them manually or give them the group code which you can find in your group’s page. Students can join the group by pressing “Join Group” in the application and inputting the group code.
4. Share the ShowMes you create by posting them into the group.
5. Encourage your students to post their own ShowMes into the group.
6. Use Group Analytics to track which students have watched your ShowMes.
7. Markup the documents uploaded by your students and give them feedback right away.
As the fall semester is approaching, and has in fact already started in many schools, ShowMe comes with a surprise-update for its users. The long-awaited and demanded voice re-recording tool is now available. You can access this and many more by updating ShowMe to the latest version on iTunes. Read on to learn about the details of the update.
In-app support and Feedback Forum
Importing files improved
Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
Here at ShowMe, we are constantly striving to create the best tools for teachers and students alike to immerse themselves in learning. Our community of over one million educators has proven that personalized, interactive lessons created and taught on ShowMe can inspire in new, profound ways.
Today, we are excited to announce even more opportunities for innovative education through the ShowMe app and community.
Since the launch of ShowMe, we have received numerous requests for a way to group multiple lessons on the same subject into one comprehensive course. Today, we make that feedback a reality.
To access Courses, start by updating ShowMe to the latest version on iTunes.
Once completed, navigate to My ShowMes and then to Courses.
To create a course either search by name or navigate to a creator’s profile, and then Courses.
In addition to creating your own Courses, you can also follow those made by other educators. To do this, head to your selected ShowMe profile and click Courses.
We are also thrilled to introduce Paid ShowMes!
Educators can now earn extra income by selling their premium lessons to the ShowMe community. Paid ShowMes cost only $1.99 from which $1.00 goes to the instructor.
In the near future, you will also be able to sell courses, which will begin at $9.99.
We would love to hear your feedback on the latest update! Be sure to share your thoughts on Twitter, Facebook or email us at email@example.com
Would you like to download your ShowMe into an .mp4 file to watch offline or burn to a CD? Or maybe you accidentally uploaded a ShowMe and you would like to edit the title or delete it all together. It is very easy to do these things on the website! Here’s how:
1. Log in to your account on ShowMe.com. (Currently, you can’t do this on the app.)
2. After logging in you will see your name in the top right corner of the screen. Hover your cursor over your name and then click “Edit ShowMes”
3. From here you will have the option to download, edit, or delete your ShowMe!