Although its now easy to find images of almost anything within the app thanks to our new web image search, sometimes you need to grab a piece of text right from your computer. In these cases, its extremely helpful to know how to take a screenshot of what is on your computer screen.
With a mac, this can be done very easily with just tapping a few keys. To select only a portion of your screen or a body of text:
- Tap Command + Shift + 4, all at the same time
- Your mouse will turn into a small + which you can click and drag around your desired text
- Let go of your mouse and you will find the image saved to your desktop.
- Email the screenshot to yourself then open and download to your photo library on your iPad. It will be waiting for you when you go to insert a photo on the app!
- Tap Command + Shift + 3, all at the same time.
- You’ll find the image on your desktop and you can follow step 4 above to get it on to your iPad!